Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Marker on the Wall? Use Lemon Essential Oil

One thing that's inevitable when you have kids is marker on the wall... or on the door frame, floor, counter..... almost anywhere.

My son, who now is 6, had a few coloring frenzies on the wall.  The first one was below the big white board we have in the kitchen.  He was coloring on the white board with a dry erase marker and then decided to color on the wall.  He was too young to really know it was wrong, because he was coloring on the white board a foot up... so why not color on the wall?   I wasn't sure what to use,  we only had natural products in the house and my 'go to' was vinegar with water.  At this point, I only had a few oils, and the thought of using them didn't even occur to me.  The vinegar kind of faded the marker as well as take some of the paint off!!  That was not a great solution.  I year later I ended up painting over it.

But then came my daughter.  She had this urge to draw everywhere, that budding artist.  She's drawn on my yellow and white striped wall, in the hallway, on the floor and the worst one is that she drew with Sharpie on our closet door frame!!   We had left that one there since not many people come over and go back in our bedroom closet... but it wasn't pretty.

Fast forward a year or two when I first got my kit,  I noticed some people using lemon to clean off things on their wall and floor.  So I got the urge to try it.  I remembered the Sharpie on the door frame.  I was so curious... did it work?  I dropped a few drops of Lemon essential oil on a rag and gave it a scrub.  Lo and behold, IT WORKED!   It did take a little elbow grease but I was surprised how easily it did come off after being there for over a year.


I was shocked at how well it worked.  Now that my kids are a little older now, they know not to draw on the wall but I have a feeling that the two little ones I'm about to have are going to have some urge to draw on the wall.  I think all kids do.  

Give it a try!  You'll be amazed!

*note- I would try it on a small area first to make sure it wouldn't take paint off or ruin furniture.  But I've never had it do that :)

If you want to get Lemon Essential Oil, you can go here and get started with your own kit.  Or you can email us and we can order it for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment